If you’ve ever had to call in a drain cleaning company in Florence, KY to remove a tough clog, then you know that it can be a messy job. We get these calls fairly often here at Kennedy Plumbing Services. But there are some steps that homeowners can take to prevent drains from getting clogged in the future.
To reduce the need for professional drain snaking in Florence, KY homes, we recommend the following home plumbing maintenance tips.
Food scraps and vegetable peelings are a good way to cause a clogged drain in Florence, KY homes, but here is how you can keep your kitchen sink’s drain free and clear:
– Dump food scraps straight into the trash rather than through the garbage disposal
– Don’t pour used oil and grease down the drain
– pour used grease and oil into disposable plastic containers
– Run hot water down the drain after washing dishes
Shower drains and bathroom sink drains get clogged up from time to time with hair, body oils, soap scum, and toothpaste. Here’s how to keep your bathroom from needing frequent drain cleaning services in Florence, KY:
– Remove gobs of toothpaste from sink basin with a tissue
– When cutting or buzzing hair, dump clippings into the trash – not the sink
– Pour about 1 cup of baking soda and vinegar mixture down drains monthly
– Flush drains with hot water for 20-30 seconds after each use or cleaning
– Clear hair from shower drain by hand whenever possible
– Never dump paper towels, wipes or trash down the toilet
Despite your best efforts to keep your home’s drains clean, clogs are bound to happen occasionally. Drain cleaning in Florence, KY is an ongoing home maintenance chore that all homeowners can find challenging to perform regularly.